25 Things Hollywood Has Taught Us: Part 5!
Thu, 28 Jun 2012 05:13:41 PM PDT
Gather around, children, because today is the final installment in our series of life lessons that good ol' Hollyweird taught us. You've surely already learned a lot that you can apply to your own lives—ya know, like the fact that it's never too late to make a comeback (ask Lindsay Lohan) or that someone is always watching (ask LiLo that too)—but we've got a few more for you.
So listen up while we lay down the law. We're sure that there will be plenty more Tinseltown will teach us in the future, but for now we're happy to have taken away these five final lessons:
21. There's Always Something New! We thought for about half a second that Twilight would forever be the biggest franchise, well, ever and nothing would be able to compete with our dear Edward Cullen. But there's always a new Twilight—in this case, The Hunger Games. While Robert Pattinson may be hangin' up his fangs, Jennifer Lawrence is just getting arena-ready. And that's the way we like it. We will always adore our Ed, but we want something new to fawn over!
22. Everyone Loves a Diva! Well, as long as she's earned it. All you need to do to realize that is turn on your boob tube for any of the many singing competitions currently in rotation. Christina Aguilera doesn't mince words on The Voice when it comes to the contestants or her other judges (right, Adam Levine?), and it looks like the formerly sweet-as-sugar Britney Spears is following suit with her The X Factor stint. Maybe it didn't pay to be so kind, Paula Abdul!
23. Don't Bite the Hand That Dates You! Kissing and telling is so 2000. Now everyone is about kissing and singing, just listen to any of Taylor Swift's millions of hit songs. The babe is all about calling out the dudes who've wronged her in the past (like Joe Jonas or John Mayer). And she's hardly the only one: Grammy darling Adele has built her entire career on dishing the dirty deets about her exes via beautiful, beautiful music.
24. Sometimes You Gotta Get out of Town! Hey, everyone falls down from time to time—stars are still people, after all—but staying in the spotlight is hardly the best way to pick yourself back up. Which is why we advocate the Robert Downey Jr. method. Iron Man himself used to be a real hot mess, but he stayed out of the limelight, cleaned himself up and came back better than ever. Time away from the paparazzi, the tabloids and the enablers is never a bad thing in our book.
25. Vamp Fame is Forever! At least for R.Pattz and Kristen Stewart. We have a feeling that no matter how many indie flicks or fairytale franchises these two take on, they'll always be Edward Cullen and Bella Swan to their legions of loyal fans. Which also leads us to believe that the two will continue to take on the riskier roles to prove they're a lot more than simply bloodsucking beauties. Viva la Robsten, we say, we can't wait to see what they do next.