Five Jaw-Droppers From the 2012 Teen Choice Awards
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:45:19 AM PDT
Last night's 2012 Teen Choice Awards offered us a lot moments to talk about this morning, but there were five things that really lingered in our brains.
Whether it was something we didn't expect or something that made us smile, these five things made our list of this year's jaw-droppers.
1. Reunited and It Feels So Good: Last night was the first time in a long time that we saw Gwen Stefani take the stage with her No Doubt homies. We were excited to see them perform "Settle Down," but we were even more excited to introduce the younger generation of teens to this awesome group.
2. Twilight Mania Lives On: Just because the Twilight Saga is coming to a close this fall (silent tears), doesn't mean Twi-hards are going to stop representing any time soon. Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson accepted the Ultimate Choice award for the films, and that brought them to an overall tally of 41 Teen Choice Awards since the Twilight films came out! And R.Pattz was kind enough to give his surfboard away to the fans.
3. Team Peeta: The fans have spoken, and right now, it seems like people are leaning toward Team Peeta. Both Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth were nominees for Choice Male Actor in a Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie, and it went to Hutcherson. Are you surprised?
4. Shocking Hotties: Before you get all angry and scoff at us, we also think Miley Cyrus and Ian Somerhalder are good-looking peeps, but c'mon, you can't say you were expecting them to win when they were up against Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Ryan Gosling. We were just a little surprised, that's all.
5. Newcomer Close: We know that "Call Me Maybe" is a huge hit, but we didn't know it was big enough to give newbie Carly Rae Jepsen the honor of closing the show. We're kinda glad they did, though, because it was a pretty good performance. Plus, we loved seeing the montage of celebs and fans singing along—not to mention the crowd getting down to it. It's just so catchy!